2011 is coming to an end. Here are my resolutions for 2012.
- Read 100 books. Having a clear goal helped me focus my time better in 2011, so I’m doing it again this year. I have a big pile of books waiting to be read, and there’s always the libraries and my friends’ bookshelves. I might start other challenges, like discovering new authors or a book-to-movie kind of thing. We’ll see.
- Get a steady job in my area. Internships are great and I’m grateful for each one I’ve done, but I’d like something steadier. I was working on a special project this year that I was hoping would be the right fit for me, but a couple of weeks ago I ran into a major obstacle. We’ll see how it goes…
- Read more books by Portuguese authors. I bought quite a few in the last book fairs I went to, so I’m ready to start.
- Donate. I’ve only ever donated to special relief efforts for catastrophes and such. I was thinking about Kiva, Wikipedia and supporting a local organization in Porto. If anyone has any tips on this, feel free to share.
- Exercise more. This needs to be done.
- Work on a big photography project. Thought of starting my own 52 Weeks Project. I tried doing a 365 Days Project a couple of years back, but it’s far too time consuming. One planned photo a week seems more doable to me.
- Update my blog more often. Updating every two months just won’t do.
- Write a book. Yep.
- Get filming. I had some training in film while I was in college, but apart from a short film and a few music videos I didn’t do much to practice my skills. I’ve already started shooting friends’ concerts and vacations, but I hope to practice more in the coming year, specially when it comes to editing.
Happy New Year everyone!