Around this time last year, I listed a bunch of resolutions here at the blog. I was optimistic and set a lot of goals for 2012, but as it usually does, life had a few surprises in store for me (good and bad) so I might have bitten off more than I could chew. I lost people close to me, became an aunt, went further away from home than I’ve ever been. An interesting year, to say the least.
But let’s assess!
1. Read 100 books. Success! As usual, I wrote a post detailing some of the books I read this year. It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it.
2. Get a steady job in my area. Not done. The key word here is “steady”. I did have a few good moments (my 4-month, full time internship in a museum, the work I did with my university, co-curating a major exhibition, getting a scholarship to go the the Shanghai Biennale) but nothing steady, sadly.
3. Read more books by Portuguese authors. Success! I read almost 20 books by Portuguese authors, some of whom were completely unknown to me prior to this year.
4. Donate. Success! I donated to Charity Water (gave the money to my brother and asked him to use his Paypal account, actually) because they do an awesome job and the cause doesn’t get much more worthwhile than this. Check out their website!
5. Exercise more. Not done. I had a few good months when I was exercising everyday, but I lost momentum.
6. Work on a big photography project. Not done. I started the 52 Weeks project, but lost interest half-way through. The problem was probably make it a self-portrait project, since they are always harder than they sound.
7. Update my blog more often. Success! Kinda… I didn’t exactly do an exemplary work but I did keep my blog more or less updated every month.
8. Write a book. Success! Granted, I didn’t write a book all by myself, but I edited, authored and published a book together with other authors. You can check it out on Goodreads.
9. Get filming. Success! I created a webseries, Diários Steampunk (see it here). Hopefully I’ll get to do even more in the future.
So, 6 out of 9, which is exactly the same as last year. I may have found my yearly goal limit here. For 2013, I decided to go with 5 resolutions… More on that tomorrow.
What about you? Was 2012 everything you hoped for?